The Town of Buena Vista, CO Town Council and Town Staff are currently studying and discussing how to regulate short term vacation rentals. 7% of the residential dwellings in Town limits are currently vacation rentals. The number and percentage has grown steeply over the last two years, which has prompted these discussions. Currently a property owner can apply for and be granted a short term vacation rental license. All short term rental licenses renew in January, and any new policy is likely to be released in the fall and take effect in Jan 2021.
Here are some articles in the local papers about this topic:
- July 22, 2021 “Chaffee County Takes Action to Curb Run Away Short Term Rental Activity”, Ark Valley Voice
- July 15, 2021 “BV Trustees Vote on Short Term Rental Proposal”, Ark Valley Voice
- June 4, 2021 “Trustees to consider STRs, housing”, Chaffee County Times
- June 10, 2021 “Housing issues fill trustees agenda”, Chaffee County Times
- June 18, 2021 “BV trustees to begin work on short term rentals policy, emergency order”, Chaffee County Times
- January 23, 2021,“Chaffee County Getting Tough on Illegal Short Term Rental Businesses”, Ark Valley Voice